Financial Aid and Course Fees
QUESTIONS? Contact our admissions team!
- FAQs and instructions for CORNELL students (includes both need-based and merit scholarship information)
Bartels merit scholarships: Download the application (deadline: February 13, 2015).
- FAQs and instructions for UNH students (includes both need-based and merit scholarship information)
Rutman merit scholarships: Download the application (deadline: February 13, 2015).
- FAQs and instructions for non-CORNELL and non-UNH students
- FAQs and instructions for HIGH SCHOOL students and their parents (limited aid is available)
- International students: complete a CSS Financial Aid ('13-14) Profile (use 2098 as the CSS code for Cornell)
Graduate students: contact your academic coordinator for details and instructions:
- UNH grad students, contact Dr. Gregg Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cornell grad students, contact Dr. Robin Hadlock Seeley: email@example.com
- All grad students from other colleges, contact Dr. Hal Weeks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answers to common SML financial aid questions
When and how will I know about my financial aid award?
After you complete our online registration process, and have been accepted into the SML program, our admissions team will send you a confirmation email that will include the amount of your financial aid (scholarship award) along with deposit payment instructions (see below).
- Can I work at Shoals to help defray my course costs?
Complete a course at Shoals and become a work-study student on Appledore Island! Must be 18 or older, and enrolled in a summer 2015 credit course at SML! For more information, visit our work-study page.
SML course fees for 2015*
Tuition, room and board (all meals), round-trip transportation between Portsmouth, NH and Shoals, activity fees included.
- Total cost for Cornell and UNH undergraduate students in a 2 week/3 credit course: $5,548
- Total cost for non-UNH/Cornell undergrads and high school students in a 2 week/3 credit course: $6,598
*Check individual course pages; some courses vary in length and credits awarded, so fees will vary.
Answers to common SML course deposit and balance payment questions
- How do I pay my SML course deposits?
After you complete our online registration process, and have been accepted into the SML program, our admissions team will send you an email with deposit payment instructions. Please wait for this email from Shoals before paying your non-refundable deposit ($700 per course).
STOP HERE AND WAIT UNTIL SPRING 2015
- How do I pay the balance of my SML course fees?
SML acceptance packets include instructions on how enroll in your SML course(s), and how to pay the balance of your course fees. Acceptance packets are sent via email after deposit payments are received by SML.
Enrollment and payment instructions for UNH undergrads and undergrads from other institutions enrolling in MEFB courses will be provided in acceptance packets.
Cornell undergrads and all High School students enrolling in courses with BioSM numbers:
Enrollment and payment instructions for Cornell and high school students enrolling in BioSM courses will be provided in acceptance packets. Once you are enrolled in a BioSM course, please see the link below for Cornell bursar billing cycle dates. IF your enrollment form is completed and sent to Shoals in between billing cycles (see: http://www.dfa.cornell.edu/treasurer/bursar/studentsparents/bursarbill/deadlines.cfm), you must pay the balance of your course fees before the start date of your first BIOSM course. Contact Shoals if you have questions or contact the Cornell Bursar directly for assistance: (607) 255-2336. As part of the balance payment process, HS students need to complete Cornell's disclosure statement form; follow this link for the form.
Back to the Top