STUDENT EVENTS, BLOGS and NEWS!
- NEW: Friday student office hours in Stimson Hall from 1:30-5:30p in 2M15 (between floors 2 and 3).
- Shoals @ CURB 2015 Spring Forum Poster Session on Wednesday, April 22, Duffield Hall Atrium from 5-7p.
- Marine Biology @ Cornell: Head over to "Marine Sciences at Cornell" to learn more about majoring or minoring in marine science. Questions? Contact Ian Hewson.
- Join Green Catch: Sustainable seafood education, advocacy, and outreach.Become an educator and teach about sustainable seafood in your local community! 3 Training sessions to become an educator (all prospective educators); monthly Check-In meetings (all club members); school Appointments (individual). Contact Shoals alum, Kat Leigh: email@example.com
UNH EVENTS and LINKS: subscribe to our online calendar to add Shoals events to your schedule!
- Shoals Alumni Challenge at the MUB (rm. 156) on Tuesday, April 7 from 4-7pm: Stop-by to share stories and experiences with Shoalers past and present. Alums who bring the most prospective students along win great SML gear as a thank-you! Raffle for new recruits and a limited supply of SML gear will be available for sale. Light fare and refreshments provided.
- Shoals @ UNH Admitted Student Visit Days on Saturday, April 11--all day!
- UNH produced, Underwater Research video
- UNH Today slideshow
Marine mammal internship: Seal Team Shoals
Seabird interns: Tern restoration project
Intertidal intern team: Intertidal Ecology of Appledore Island
Taylor Heaton: Stepping into my field shoes: Summer 2014
Erica Anderson: Island Gardener 2014
Sarah MacLean: Places to go, birds to see, randomness on the way
Michelle Moglia: View from the blind
Shailee Shah: Summer migrations
Student Ocean Awareness Contest 2015!
Middle and high school students are invited to compete in From The Bow Seat's 2015 Ocean Awareness Student Contest. The theme "Our Oceans, Our Plastic" allows students to explore and interpret the connections among the ocean, plastic pollution, society, and you. Turtle artwork from the 2014 contest, provided by our partners at From The Bow Seat.
Shoals students in the NEWS
Shoals/Cornell gull research intern, Taylor Heaton Crisologo recounts her days at Shoals as part of Nestwatch @ Cornell.
Shoals/Cornell marine mammal interns, Mary Fisher and Alexis Mandon in Cornell's periodiCALS magazine.
Shoals/UNH sustainable engineering intern, Dimitry Harris (UNH '14), shares his Shoals experience @ UNH Today.
Shoals/Cornell alum Luke DeFisher, publishes Shoals research as first author: Effects of Invasive European Fire Ants (Myrmica rubra) on Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) Reproduction.